Monday, December 15, 2008

Outside Reading book summary again

I am going to be talking about my book again. Sorry in advance if I talk about the same thing.
The book once again is called Gym Candy. At the beginning of the book you see Mick and his dad in their backyard. His dad painted the grass white lines for it made a mini football field. Mick had to try to get around his dad (who is on his knees) and score a touchdown. I think it was about the second week after attempting but failing he finally got past his dad with a wicked juke. But one day Mick’s dad told him something that he will never forget. That there is no crying in the football. Mick’s dad made him start school late so he had an upper hand on being a starter on the football team. The reason is so that Mick would be bigger, faster, and stronger then everyone else who was on the team. Mick wasn’t really that happy at first because everyone knew that Mick was a year older than everyone so he had an upper hand on everyone.
When Mick was practicing with the varsity team his dad told him to be always be by the person who is higher than him in the depth charts so the coaches can see that he was a good player. So by the end of the second week he went from sixth of the depth chart to the number second stop.
Once again sorry if I talked about something I have already talked about.

2 comments:

Tmuehls said...

I think that the book you are reading has a very interesting title you should tell me when you find out why it was the title of the book

Joey S. said...

That's not very nice of the dad...